Ravioli with Mushrooms & Herbs
serves 4 – 6
1 1/2 lb Pasta Gourmet New York Cheese Ravioli (frozen)
4 tablespoons butter (divided)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 cups mushrooms (button or baby bella)
4 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
1 large shallot (minced)
2 rosemary sprigs
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1. Heat a large pot of salted water till boiling.
2. Meanwhile, heat a saute pan over med-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter and olive oil. Once hot, add rosemary sprigs and mushrooms. Toss the mushrooms to coat and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook frozen ravioli per package instructions. Drain and set aside.
4. Add garlic and shallot to the pan, tossing to coat. Cook 2-3 minutes or until garlic and shallots are cooked through.
5. Drain the ravioli and reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Drop the ravioli into the saute pan, add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and pasta water as needed. Add the parmesan cheese and toss till sauce is creamy. Serve immediately.