Cheese Tortellini with Chicken & Pesto
serves 4 – 6
1 pound Pasta Gourmet New York Cheese Tortellini (frozen)
1 cup favorite jarred pesto
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
1 1/2 cup cooked chicken breast (cut into bite-size pieces)
1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
1/2 cup pine nuts
Parmesan or romano cheese for topping
1. Prepare tortellini per package instructions. Once pasta is finished cooking, drain and reserve 1 cup of the hot pasta water. Transfer pasta to a large bowl, toss in the chicken and nuts.
2. Stir the pesto in the jar, then add to the pasta and mix in a little of the pasta water until desired consistnecy.
3. Divide the pasta onto the plates and sprinkle with the goat cheese and parmesan/ romano cheese.
Tri-Colour Tortellini Salad
15 oz Pasta Gourmet New York Tri-Color Cheese Tortellini (frozen)
5 oz mini pepperoni’s
1 1/4 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cup red onion or shallots (diced)
1/2 cup jarred mild yellow banana peppers (chopped)
1 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese Pepper
1. Prepare tortellini per package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water, set aside.
2. In a large bowl (with a lid if possible), toss in the mini pepperoni’s, olives, red onion / shallots, and banana peppers. Add the pasta, dressing, cheese and tomatoes, toss all the ingredients to coat evenly. Season with pepper to taste.
3. Transfer bowl to the refridgerator at least 1 hr before serving.
4. Store salad in the bowl sealed with lid, or transfer to an air-tight container.
10 oz Pasta Gourmet New York Cheese or Meat Ravioli (frozen)
28 oz quality crushed tomatoes
9 cups chicken or vegetable broth
8-10 oz fresh spinach
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 medium onion (chopped)
2 teaspoons olive oil
2-3 teaspoons Italian style herb seasoning
Salt and pepper
1. In a medium sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and onion and sautee for 5 minutes, add garlic and sautee for another 10 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth and Italian herb seasoning to the onion and garlic mixture, bring to a boil.
3. Stir in tortellini, simmer for a few minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes and simmer another 3-5 minutes.
4. Add spinach and cook for a minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve in bowls with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top